STANDARD RULES FOR HOMECHOICE COMPETITIONS
1. The promoter is homechoice (Pty) Ltd ("the Promoter").
2. The promotional competition is open to all customers whose accounts are in good standing, who are South African residents, or residents of Namibia, Botswana, Swaziland, Zambia and Lesotho, who are in possession of a valid identity document, except any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
3. All participants indemnify the company against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in this competition. The company is not liable for any defect in the prizes. The company reserves the right to substitute prizes with any other prize of comparable commercial value.
4. Entries that are unclear, illegible or contain errors will be declared invalid.
5. The company will use reasonable efforts to contact grand prize winners during working hours (between 8am and 5pm) either telephonically or via e-mail on the contact number or e-mail address as provided by the winners. homechoice will endeavour to contact the potential prize winner within two weeks from draw date.
6. The potential prize winner may be required to provide or verify their name, surname, ID number, telephone number and physical address with a homechoice representative. The potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his / her submission is validated and satisfies the qualifying criterion set by the promoter. If a potential prize winner does not meet the eligibility requirements, the prize will be forfeited.
7. If the company is unable to reach any person after drawing his/her entry for whatsoever reason, such person will be disqualified and the draw of a replacement entry shall take place in the same manner as the first draw.
8. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged or delayed entries for any reason whatsoever. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise falsifying data.
10. NOTE: Any attempt to use multiple e-mail accounts or other tactics to enter more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated entries will be void. Entries generated by script, macro, bot, commercial contest subscription, incentives or other means not sponsored by the Promoter, entering service sites or any other automated means and entries by any means that subvert the entry process or do not conform to the terms or spirit of these competition rules, will void the entry and may disqualify the entrant.
11. The company may require winners to complete an information disclosure document and/or indemnification to ensure compliance with these rules and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Should any winner refuse or be unable to comply, such winner will be deemed to have rejected the prize.
12. The company may require winners be identified and/or photographed and the photographs published in printed or electronic media. The winners will be given the opportunity to decline to the publication of their images and to participate in marketing material in so far as it relates to the competition.
13. The Promoter shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition and without notice, for any reason which the Promoter reasonably deems necessary.
14. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its agents.
15. Neither the Promoter, its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant.
16. Participation in the promotion constitutes acceptance of the promotional rules and participants agree to abide by the rules, which will be interpreted by the company’s appointed judges, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding.
17. In the event that the prize is not available despite the Promoter's reasonable endeavours to procure the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal value.
18. For prizes other than cash, unless it is specifically provided for and allowed in the marketing material, the prize(s) are neither transferable nor redeemable for cash. Prizes are subject to availability and the company may substitute prizes for alternative products or services of similar value.
19. The Promoter assumes no liability whatsoever for any entry that has been omitted from participation for any reason whatsoever. The Promoter is not liable for any technical failures affecting the participation and/or voucher redemption process of the promotion.
20. The winners’ details (name and home town only) will be available after the draw date, on receipt of a stamped, self-addressed envelope. Write to The Prize Draw Administrator, Pvt Bag X123, Claremont 7735. Prize Winners’ names, locations and photos may also appear on the homechoice website and mobisite, and Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest pages for up to 12 months. Winners may refuse to have their photos shown.
21. All entries received via the homechoice Facebook page are subject to above rules.
22. A copy of these rules can be obtained at no cost to the participant from The Prize Draw Administrator at Pvt Bag X123, Claremont 7735 or 78 Main Road Wynberg, Cape Town.
23. This draw is run in accordance with the Consumer Protection Act.